Virginia Kerr, firstname.lastname@example.org
Georgia PTA Scholarship Chair
Solely funded through local council membership and council contributions, Area 2 is proud to present eight (8) $750.00 Scholarships to deserving high school students who have successfully met or exceeded the State of Georgia graduation requirements, and plan to attend an accredited two or four-year college or university. Only students in Parent Teacher and Student Associations (PTSA) in the Area 2 Council are eligible to apply. The eight Area 2 High Schools are: Collins Hill, Duluth, Gwinnett School of Math, Science, and Technology, Mountain View, Norcross, North Gwinnett, Lanier, and Peachtree Ridge.
The purpose of this scholarship is to assist students who have successfully completed high school who are interested in furthering their education in a college or university to prepare themselves for careers of their choice with the goal of having these individuals maintain their support and commitment to the advancement of education.
This is a one-time, non-renewable scholarship.
A student is eligible to apply for the Gwinnett Area 2 PTA Scholarship if he/she:
- Is a graduating senior and PTSA member of an Area II high school with a PTA/PTSA. The PTA must be in good standing (i.e. paid dues, approved bylaws on file)
- Is interested in attending an accredited four-year (4) or two-year (2) college or university
- Has a satisfactory scholastic record acknowledged by an administrator, counselor, or teacher
Applications can be printed from the Area 2 website: (www.area2gwinnettpta.org) and completed legibly by hand. Each application will be scored based upon the response to the essay question. Responses must be legible.
Deadline: Postmarked by Saturday, March 11, 2017.
All applications must be mailed to:
Area 2 Gwinnett Council of PTAs
(Attention: Scholarship Committee)
320 Town Center Avenue, Suite C-11
Suwanee, GA 30024
PLEASE ENSURE YOUR SUBMISSION INCLUDE:
- Each completed essay (maximum 850 words), the scholarship information page, and a photocopy of a PTSA Membership Card, or a copy of the electronic proof of a paid membership from My Payments Plus or Voluntary Contribution Form.
- Certified High School Transcript. It should include all academic credit towards a high school diploma through the first semester or quarter of the 12th grade, numeric and percentage GPA, High School Graduation Test scores (HSGTs), and identify the diploma track (i.e. International Baccalaureate, Advance Placement, College Preparatory or Technology).
- Two Letters of Recommendation: One letter from an administrator, counselor, or high school teacher acknowledging your scholastic attributes/qualities, and One letter from an adult non-family member/mentor acknowledging the character of the student.